This procedure describes the actions taken following receipt of a Safety Report. Safety Reports document concerns or issues from any party regarding the safety of a school bus operation not related to a specific incident or event.
The key objectives of this procedure are:
- All participants know how to make a safety report
- All participants feel empowered to make reports
- Safety reports are recorded and investigated fully
- The outcomes or findings of investigations are implemented.
reporting and monitoring
The reporting and monitoring tools used in this procedure are:
- Service Manager reports to Network Manager each month
- Network Manager reports major events to Committee immediately
- Network Manager reports to Committee each quarter.
Policy guidance on incident reports and investigations can be found in EP3 – School bus safety