This page provides a summary of emergency route designs for morning services. This information is for the use of our bus operators and school staff – it is not for public distribution at this time.
WD2 Langs Beach
Part of WD7 goes to WD8. Run starts from Mountfield Road, 20mins earlier. Second part to Langs Beach starts 15mins later.
WD8 route plus part of WD7 (Ormiston and Waipu Caves). Starts 15mins earlier.
WD5 One Tree Point
WD3 starts 20mins earlier. WD5 starts 15mins later, assuming that two sections of the route are removed. Otherwise, WD5 runs 40mins later.
WD9 One Tree Point
WD4 starts 15mins earlier. WD9 starts 25mins later.
WD1 starts at normal time. WD6 starts 20mins later.
route change process
The process for making emergency changes to routes is as follows:
- Ian identifies a driver shortage and decides which emergency route plan will be activated.
- Ian contacts Greig to advise the activation, Greig updates this page
- Greig sends an email to the Operations group announcing the change.
- Greig sends a text message to affected principals.
- School personnel communicate with their community as previously decided.
- The change remains in effect until further notice – no further communications will occur until the normal route/s are reactivated.
The table below contains a running record of changes to these routes, to assist school staff in identifying changes.