This page provides a summary of emergency route designs for morning services. This information is for the use of our bus operators and school staff – it is not for public distribution at this time.
WD4 part 1
WD1 part 1
WD6 part 2
WD1 part 2
WD4 Waipu to Helmsdale, leaving at 2pm
WD1 Waipu to Brooks, leaving at 2.30pm
WD6 Bream Bay to Ruakaka Beach, leaving at 3.25pm
WD1 Bream Bay to Langs Beach, leaving at 3.45pm
WD7 part 1
WD7 Waipu to Waipu Caves, leaving at 2pm
WD2 Waipu to Langs Beach and Glenmohr, leaving at 3pm
WD3 part 1
WD5 part 1
WD5 part 2
WD3 part 2
WD3 Ruakaka to Takahiwai, leaving at 2pm
WD5 One Tree Point to Bream Bay, leaving at 2.30pm
WD5 Bream Bay to One Tree Point, leaving at 3.25pm
WD3 Bream Bay to Glenmohr, leaving at 3.50pm
WD8 part 1
WD6 part 1
WD8 part 2
WD4 part 2
WD8 Ruakaka to Takahiwai, leaving at 2pm
WD6 Ruakaka to Springfield, leaving at 2.30pm
WD5 Bream Bay to Springfield, leaving at 3.25pm. This includes Waipu Caves and Ormiston Roads from WD4 PM part 2.
WD9 part 1
WD9 part 2
WD7 part 2
WD4 part 2
WD9 One Tree Point to Takahiwai and Bream Bay, leaving at 2.30pm
WD9 Ruakaka to Springfield, leaving at 3.00pm
WD7 Bream Bay to Brooks, leaving at 3.25pm. This includes Millbrook and Helmsdale Roads from WD4 PM part 2.
route change process
The process for making emergency changes to routes is as follows:
- Ian identifies a driver shortage and decides which emergency route plan will be activated.
- Ian contacts Greig to advise the activation, Greig updates this page
- Greig sends an email to the Operations group announcing the change.
- Greig sends a text message to affected principals.
- School personnel communicate with their community as previously decided.
- The change remains in effect until further notice – no further communications will occur until the normal route/s are reactivated.
The table below contains a running record of changes to these routes, to assist school staff in identifying changes.